Film poster copycats: Get me the Wanderer Above the Sea of Fog!
In Hollywood nobody, famously, knows anything. Apart from who to copy. If a film poster, trailer or soundtrack proves lucrative, you can bet that similar movies will be marketed in a similar way.
Note The Social Network's much-imitated "You Don't Get to 500 Million Friends…" poster. A similar theme for 2013 is emerging already with posters for both the new Star Trek film Into Darkness and football fan Tom Cruise's Oblivion looking remarkably similar to each other and this year's The Dark Knight Rises. Not to mention Friedrich's Wanderer above the Sea of Fog (right)...
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Arts & Ents blogs
Jack Whitehall crowned king of British Comedy Awards
Beyonce guerrilla releases entire new album worldwide on iTunes
American Psycho, theatre review: Matt Smith regenerates as ripped uber-narcissist
MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards crowned winner
Kanye West is as 'misguided as they come': Ohio police chief rejects rapper's claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >