Gun? Check. Tuxedo? Check. Therapist? Er...
Tim Walker is The Independent’s Los Angeles correspondent, covering entertainment and other concerns from the West Coast of the US. He was previously a features writer and the editor of the paper’s diary column. His first novel, Completion, is being published in January 2014.
Tuesday 22 May 2012
The first minute-and-a-bit teaser trailer for Sam Mendes's Bond movie, Skyfall, has just premiered online. Here are 007 things we've learnt from it:
1. Everybody's favourite secret agent – apart from Jason Bourne – is in therapy. The teaser opens with Bond undergoing psych eval, and he doesn't look too happy about it. Also, he doesn't want to talk about "Skyfall", whatever that is.
2. Locations include Shanghai, Westminster and the Scottish Highlands.
3. Bond girl Naomie Harris gives 007 a wet shave. And no, that's not a euphemism.
4. Mayhem induced by baddie Javier Bardem includes an exploding house, an attempted drowning (of Bond), and a Tube crash. The sign on the front of the train says "Not in Service", so maybe no one gets hurt.
5. Volkswagen is probably a major sponsor: Beetles are seen falling from a moving train.
6. Bond still fires a Walther PPK, wears a tuxedo, and drives an Aston Martin. But not all at the same time.
7. It's out in October, in Imax.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 HSBC closes bank accounts belonging to Muslim clients in the UK
Led Zeppelin to release alternative Stairway To Heaven after 43 years
New film Old Fashioned is 50 Shades of Grey for Christians, claims its creator
Freddie Prinze Jr on 24: 'Kiefer Sutherland was the most unprofessional dude in the world – I hated every moment of it'
Guardians of the Galaxy review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
R Kelly 'dropped' from Ohio music festival following backlash
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >