Gun? Check. Tuxedo? Check. Therapist? Er...
Tim Walker is The Independent’s Los Angeles correspondent, covering entertainment and other concerns from the West Coast of the US. He was previously a features writer and the editor of the paper’s diary column. His first novel, Completion, is being published in January 2014.
Tuesday 22 May 2012
The first minute-and-a-bit teaser trailer for Sam Mendes's Bond movie, Skyfall, has just premiered online. Here are 007 things we've learnt from it:
1. Everybody's favourite secret agent – apart from Jason Bourne – is in therapy. The teaser opens with Bond undergoing psych eval, and he doesn't look too happy about it. Also, he doesn't want to talk about "Skyfall", whatever that is.
2. Locations include Shanghai, Westminster and the Scottish Highlands.
3. Bond girl Naomie Harris gives 007 a wet shave. And no, that's not a euphemism.
4. Mayhem induced by baddie Javier Bardem includes an exploding house, an attempted drowning (of Bond), and a Tube crash. The sign on the front of the train says "Not in Service", so maybe no one gets hurt.
5. Volkswagen is probably a major sponsor: Beetles are seen falling from a moving train.
6. Bond still fires a Walther PPK, wears a tuxedo, and drives an Aston Martin. But not all at the same time.
7. It's out in October, in Imax.
TVEnough to make ardent arachnophobes think twice
Will explain back story to fictional kingdom Westeros
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Nasa Confirms Six Days of Darkness in December': No, they don't - it's a hoax
- 2 Number of global billionaires has doubled since the financial crisis
- 3 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 4 Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
- 5 North Korean officials 'publicly executed for watching South Korean soap operas'
This is what a film sex scene actually looks like on set (mostly awkward)
Cumberbacklash: Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange riles Marvel fans
Downton Abbey season 5 episode 6 - review: Thomas and Lady Edith show sad signs of the times
Orson Welles' unfinished final 'masterpiece' to be released for centenary
The Apprentice 2014 firing: Alan Sugar 'gets rid of the no-hopers' with triple elimination
Pope Francis declares evolution and Big Bang theory are real and God is not 'a magician with a magic wand'
Huge surge in Ukip support after EU funding row, according to new poll
Ukip ‘exploiting grooming scandal’ to secure party’s first police chief
Nigel Farage: 'There’s nothing wrong with white people blacking up'
Muslims, immigration and teenage pregnancy: British people are ignorant about almost everything
Nigel Farage and Frankie Boyle clash over Andrew Lawrence's 'Mock the Week' criticism