Halloween costumes from the movies
We look at some of the best characters to dress up as this Halloween
Film fans need never struggle to find the perfect costume for Halloween.
From Nosferatu to Jack Skellington, iconic characters from the silver screen provide a wealth of inspiration when it comes to choosing what to wear this spooky season.
We give you our ten recommendations for film-inspired costumes this Halloween, from blood-stained serial killer Patrick Bateman, to David Bowie’s outrageous outfit as Jareth the Goblin Kind in Labyrinth.
A few wildcards are thrown in too, in the form of cult film heroes- and anti-heroes- such as Carrie, the witches of Hocus Pocus, and Cady’s cringe-inducing zombie bride faux-pas in Mean Girls.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
- 2 Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
- 3 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
Art Garfunkel calls Paul Simon a 'monster' with a Napoleon complex
Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
Dheepan, film review: Palme d'Or prize goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Eurovision 2015: Estonia seemingly enters Louis Tomlinson from One Direction
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland