Halloween costumes from the movies
We look at some of the best characters to dress up as this Halloween
Film fans need never struggle to find the perfect costume for Halloween.
From Nosferatu to Jack Skellington, iconic characters from the silver screen provide a wealth of inspiration when it comes to choosing what to wear this spooky season.
We give you our ten recommendations for film-inspired costumes this Halloween, from blood-stained serial killer Patrick Bateman, to David Bowie’s outrageous outfit as Jareth the Goblin Kind in Labyrinth.
A few wildcards are thrown in too, in the form of cult film heroes- and anti-heroes- such as Carrie, the witches of Hocus Pocus, and Cady’s cringe-inducing zombie bride faux-pas in Mean Girls.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations