Lana del Ray does doom, gloom and va-va voom for The Great Gatsby with new song 'Young and Beautiful'
If you’ve seen one of the (approximately) 63 trailers that have so far been released for the upcoming The Great Gatsby, you would have caught a snippet of the film’s all-star soundtrack. Curated by Jay-Z, it features original material from Jack White, Florence and the Machine, and Emeli Sandé.
Lana Del Rey’s contribution, “Young and Beautiful”, has just been released and it’s typical of what we’ve come to expect from the “Video Games” singer, namely singing sultrily about pleasing her man, nostalgia, and a healthy dose of doom and gloom. “Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful?” she croons over some swelling strings.
If you can’t wait for the film’s release (unbelievably there is still three and a half weeks to go), then this should keep you satisfied until then. goo.gl/GWkLQ
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Cassetteboy joins forces with Russell Brand for Emperor's New Clothes film
Poldark, review: Demelza’s insouciance is almost as impressive as Ross’ pecs
Jay Z launches streaming service Tidal with help from Kanye West, Rihanna and Coldplay
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
Menstruation-themed photo series artist 'censored by Instagram' says images are to demystify taboos around periods
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans