Lana del Ray does doom, gloom and va-va voom for The Great Gatsby with new song 'Young and Beautiful'
If you’ve seen one of the (approximately) 63 trailers that have so far been released for the upcoming The Great Gatsby, you would have caught a snippet of the film’s all-star soundtrack. Curated by Jay-Z, it features original material from Jack White, Florence and the Machine, and Emeli Sandé.
Lana Del Rey’s contribution, “Young and Beautiful”, has just been released and it’s typical of what we’ve come to expect from the “Video Games” singer, namely singing sultrily about pleasing her man, nostalgia, and a healthy dose of doom and gloom. “Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful?” she croons over some swelling strings.
If you can’t wait for the film’s release (unbelievably there is still three and a half weeks to go), then this should keep you satisfied until then. goo.gl/GWkLQ
Grace Dent on TV The Secret Life of the Pub is sexist, ageist and a breath of fresh air
Art Megumi Igarashi criticises Japan's 'backwards' attitude to women's sexual expression
tv Singer could become the most unlikely star of Westeros
Ray Davies' Sunny Afternoon scoops the most awardsTheatre
Grace DentChannel 4 show proves there's no app for happiness
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 This is what happens when you tattoo Charmander on yourself, drunk, and with no experience
- 2 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer has leaked – watch
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a white stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
Russian warships in English Channel 'to conduct anti-aircraft and anti-submarine military drills'