Lana del Ray does doom, gloom and va-va voom for The Great Gatsby with new song 'Young and Beautiful'
If you’ve seen one of the (approximately) 63 trailers that have so far been released for the upcoming The Great Gatsby, you would have caught a snippet of the film’s all-star soundtrack. Curated by Jay-Z, it features original material from Jack White, Florence and the Machine, and Emeli Sandé.
Lana Del Rey’s contribution, “Young and Beautiful”, has just been released and it’s typical of what we’ve come to expect from the “Video Games” singer, namely singing sultrily about pleasing her man, nostalgia, and a healthy dose of doom and gloom. “Will you still love me when I’m no longer young and beautiful?” she croons over some swelling strings.
If you can’t wait for the film’s release (unbelievably there is still three and a half weeks to go), then this should keep you satisfied until then. goo.gl/GWkLQ
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained star's white boyfriend Brian Lucas confirms LAPD internally investigating 'racist' detainment
- 2 Isis release 'Flames of War' video warning Obama of attacks troops could face in Iraq
- 3 Pakistani passenger power forces two politicians off plane
- 4 Say yes to 'no-poo': It's been three years since I stopped washing my hair
- 5 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time: 'That was the lowest I'd ever felt'
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter