Movie heaven: Anthony Quinn's 100 Best Films, Day 2, 80-61
The Independent's film critic selects his favourite films ever made: 80-61 - Duel to Colonel Blimp
Tuesday 15 September 2009
Fed up with formulaic ‘blockbusters’ and overhyped cinematic turkeys? Today and for the next four days, Anthony Quinn selects 100 timeless movie classics that never disappoint. And, to help you enjoy them, the series culminates with the offer of a month’s free DVD hire for every reader (see below).
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland