Observations' One To Watch: Bel Powley, Actress, 20
Saturday 07 July 2012
Most actresses her age would be starting drama school – but not Bel Powley, whose West End appearance as Tamsin Greig's scantily clad and moody teenage daughter Tilly in Jumpy is the third play under her belt.
The was in the Royal Court's Tusk Tusk in 2009 and a revival of Arcadia on Broadway last year. Next, she stars in the feature film The Nanny State about a sister and her little brother, due out later this year.
musicReview: Culture Club performs live for first time in 12 years
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Putin: The US is to blame for almost all the world's major conflicts
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year