One Click Wonder: Star Trek
Pointy ears at the ready! After a long hiatus from the silver screen, Star Trek is back in the New Year, with ‘Lost’ creator J J Adams at the helm of a prequel about the young James Kirk and Spock. Here we celebrate all things Trekkie.
Sunday 30 November 2008
‘Star Trek’ trailer
J J Adams take on the 11th film in the franchise reportedly veers away from the Trekkie canon. The cast looks promising: Simon Pegg plays Scotty and Winona Ryder somehow makes perfect sense as Spock’s mum.
Shatner does Pulp
William Shatner’s forays into music received mixed reviews, but this cover of Pulp’s “Common People” – accompanied here by an animation – will warm the hearts of even the most cynical Trekkie haters.
The Kirk drop kick
Shatner, in an interview with his daughter, reveals how to do his signature Star Trek drop kick. It worked for him on set when he was helped by a stunt man, but sadly he wasn’t so lucky in real life.
Star Trek vs Star Wars
Every sci-fi geek’s dreams come true in this clip, which mashes together the two intergalactic adventure series with a bit of clever editing. Watch as the Star Wars baddies kick some Star Trek butt.
Out-takes from the original 1960s series. The crew of the Starship Enterprise walk into doors, muffle their lines and burst out laughing (perhaps at the sight of themselves in some pretty ridiculous costumes).
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria