One to Watch: Tom Holland, Actor, 16
Saturday 15 December 2012
"I think I'm a very good crier. I can cry in, like, 20 seconds. I find laughing incredibly hard."
Talk about making an entrance. He is being touted, ahead of co-star Ewan McGregor, as a best actor Oscar contender for his film debut role in Tsunami drama The Impossible out next month. His dad, comedian Dominic Holland, is even writing a blog about being upstaged by his teenage son. The Wimbledon resident got his break playing Billy Elliot on stage.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action