Original Star Wars cast to feature in new films? Well, they’ll certainly need the force with them
Sunday 10 March 2013
Long before the Twitter universe, George Lucas was serving up an imagined galaxy which would have long-lasting – and not entirely healthy – effects on generations to come.
With millions of the franchise’s devotees now occupying questionable amounts of time in the Twittersphere, Lucas’s indiscreet announcement that the original principal cast members have been in the “final stages of negotiation” about a comeback has been met with a mixture of euphoria and middle-aged caution.
Stated concerns include whether a now 70-year-old Harrison Ford, pictured, will have to return “digitally enhanced”, while Carrie Fisher’s revelation that fans will see Princess Leia residing in an “intergalactic old folks’ home” suggests she is not taking this as seriously as some would hope.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Before They Pass Away: In pictures
Kylie Minogue, Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican lead female comedy breakthrough
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >