The Barometer: Woody Allen; vinyl; Little Boots; Angelina Jolie; Che; Whisky
Friday 16 January 2009
After all those years on the cinematic sidelines, Allen makes a welcome return to form with Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
Sales of the black stuff are still going strong nearly 60 years after the first 7in single record was released.
The electronica star (aka Victoria Hesketh) and winner of the BBC's Sound of 2009 poll looks set to soar.
...and what's not
Kate Winslet, collecting her Golden Globe awards, apparently couldn't remember her fellow nominee's name.
A bit long, isn't it? We're hardly enthralled by the prospect of Part Two of Steven Soderbergh's film.
Franz Ferdinand's Alex Kapranos vows to give up the tipple on tour to protect his voice.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The Silicon Valley awards which treat scientists like rockstars
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Arts & Ents blogs
Jack Whitehall crowned king of British Comedy Awards
Beyonce guerrilla releases entire new album worldwide on iTunes
American Psycho, theatre review: Matt Smith regenerates as ripped uber-narcissist
MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards crowned winner
Kanye West is as 'misguided as they come': Ohio police chief rejects rapper's claims that his work is as dangerous as law enforcement or military service
- 1 Italian court annuls prison sentence for elderly paedophile after 11-year-old victim tells investigators in Catanzaro that she loves him
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 4 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >