The Barometer: Woody Allen; vinyl; Little Boots; Angelina Jolie; Che; Whisky
Friday 16 January 2009
After all those years on the cinematic sidelines, Allen makes a welcome return to form with Vicky Cristina Barcelona.
Sales of the black stuff are still going strong nearly 60 years after the first 7in single record was released.
The electronica star (aka Victoria Hesketh) and winner of the BBC's Sound of 2009 poll looks set to soar.
...and what's not
Kate Winslet, collecting her Golden Globe awards, apparently couldn't remember her fellow nominee's name.
A bit long, isn't it? We're hardly enthralled by the prospect of Part Two of Steven Soderbergh's film.
Franz Ferdinand's Alex Kapranos vows to give up the tipple on tour to protect his voice.
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
Game of Thrones season 6: Daenerys actress Emilia Clarke says '50/50 chance' Jon Snow is alive
Chronixx interview: Reggae sensation on taking the opening spot at Glastonbury and calling Barack Obama a 'waste man'
Game of Thrones season 6: Director Jack Bender says showrunners 'communicate closely' with George RR Martin
Top Gear: Jeremy Clarkson 'can't front ITV motoring show' due to BBC contract clause
Amy Winehouse film: Mark Ronson praises 'respectful' movie as it scores highest ever UK opening for British documentary
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy