The Oscars in numbers
Ahead of Sunday's ceremony we look at the Academy Award record-breakers
Sunday's Oscars have already broken the record for the youngest and oldest person to be nominated for best actress.
If 85-year-old Emmanuelle Riva wins for her performance in Amour she will beat the current record held by 81-year-old Jessica Tandy for Driving Miss Daisy.
And if 9-year-old Quvenzhane Wallis wins for Beasts of the Southern Wild she will become the youngest person ever to win an Oscar.
It took until 2009 for Kathryn Bigelow to become the first female to win best director for The Hurt Locker; and in wasn't until 2001 that Halle Berry became the first black person to win best actress.
But who was the first African American actor to ever win an Oscar and which film has the most nominations without any wins?
The Academy Awards are broadcast in the UK on Sky HD Oscars from 1.30am on Monday 25 February. Viewers can watch the red carpet live from 11.30pm on Sky Living on Sunday 24 February.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: The Queen breaks silence on referendum debate – as think tank warns of £14bn black hole if Scotland votes Yes
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God