Trending: And the Oscar for best breakfast goes to...
One is a small-time cereal brand based in the titchy Dorset town of Poundbury. The other is the biggest, glitziest and most glamorous awards ceremony on the planet. What could Dorset cereals and this Sunday's Oscars award ceremony possibly have to do with one another? More than we might think, actually.
For this year, alongside the usual goodie bag fare – that last year included a trip to Monte Carlo, a home gym and a Tiffany crystal-studded cat collar – nominees visiting the GBK pre-Oscar "Gifting Lounge" will also have the opportunity to take home a box of cranberry, cherry and almond muesli, plus a bowl, spoon and a guide to Dorset. "Everyone was amazed when we were first approached," says Rob Ward, the company's head of communications. "We jumped at the chance to go to Hollywood."
So whether Streep, Spielberg, Scorsese et al, have been drowning their sorrows all night or toasting victory, at least they'll have a good breakfast to wake up to the next day.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
From rainforests and reefs to beaches and boat trips
comedy'Fresh Meat' star sees off stiff competition from Alan Carr, David Mitchell, Graham Norton, Lee Mack and Sarah Millican to win top prize
Arts & Ents blogs
Jack Whitehall crowned king of British Comedy Awards
Beyonce guerrilla releases entire new album worldwide on iTunes
American Psycho, theatre review: Matt Smith regenerates as ripped uber-narcissist
MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards, Adam Handling and Scott Davies are the final three
MasterChef: The Professionals 2013 - Steven Edwards crowned winner
- 1 Pensioner James Gray places advert in newspaper for company on Christmas Day
- 2 Australia incest case: Deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- 3 Physicists discover 'clearest evidence yet' that the Universe is a hologram
- 4 Woman who miscarried in private prison 'made to clean up after herself,' court told
- 5 Fox News presenter tells viewers it is a 'fact' that both Jesus and Santa Claus are white
- < Previous
- Next >