Trending: And the Oscar for best breakfast goes to...
One is a small-time cereal brand based in the titchy Dorset town of Poundbury. The other is the biggest, glitziest and most glamorous awards ceremony on the planet. What could Dorset cereals and this Sunday's Oscars award ceremony possibly have to do with one another? More than we might think, actually.
For this year, alongside the usual goodie bag fare – that last year included a trip to Monte Carlo, a home gym and a Tiffany crystal-studded cat collar – nominees visiting the GBK pre-Oscar "Gifting Lounge" will also have the opportunity to take home a box of cranberry, cherry and almond muesli, plus a bowl, spoon and a guide to Dorset. "Everyone was amazed when we were first approached," says Rob Ward, the company's head of communications. "We jumped at the chance to go to Hollywood."
So whether Streep, Spielberg, Scorsese et al, have been drowning their sorrows all night or toasting victory, at least they'll have a good breakfast to wake up to the next day.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >