Film trailer: '127 Hours' starring James Franco
Saturday 09 October 2010
Following up a teaser in August, the first full-length trailer was released Thursday for
127 Hours starring James Franco and directed by Oscar-winner Danny Boyle (
Trainspotting), considered in contention for an Oscar nomination.
The film is based on the true story of Aron Ralston, portrayed by Franco, the mountain climber who cut off his arm after a fallen boulder trapped him in an isolated canyon in Utah.
This footage reveals the storyline, showing Ralston videotaping himself during the infamous hike, his daredevil antics, and the five-day ordeal alone - the majority of the film. The last shot pulls out of the mountain crevasse, dramatically revealing the landscape environment.
The trailer offers a glimpse into the wrenching experience as well as amusing moments and the adventurer's courage and endurance.
Watch the new House of Cards series three trailerTV
Oscars 2015It was the first time Barney has compered the Academy Awards
Oscars 2015 From Meryl Streep whooping Patricia Arquette's equality speech to Chris Pine in tears
Oscars 2015 Mexican filmmaker uses speech to urge 'respect' for immigrants
TV ReviewThe intrigue deepens as we delve further but don't expect any answers just yet
Razzies 2015 Golden Raspberry Awards 'honours' Cameron Diaz and Kirk Cameron
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face the death penalty
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'