Film trailer: Bale and Wahlberg in 'The Fighter'
Friday 17 September 2010
Based on a true story,
The Fighter stars Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in a Rocky-like sports drama based on a story from real life, as a fighter moves from amateur to world champion. The film hits US theaters December 10 in time for award season.
The footage reveals the story of lightweight boxer 'Irish' Micky Ward portrayed by Wahlberg ( Date Night, The Other Guys) and his half-brother and trainer, Dicky Eklund, played by Christian Bale ( The Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation), who undergoes a run with drugs and crime - and a physical transformation.
The trailer shows the struggle with loyalty, as he works to overcome the negative influence of his brother, and the new trainer who is necessary in order to go pro. Ward finds support in unexpected people.
Also starring Amy Adams ( Julie & Julia, Doubt) in a gritty role as a bartender and Ward's love interest, the film is directed by David O. Russell ( Three Kings).
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland