Film trailer: Bale and Wahlberg in 'The Fighter'
Friday 17 September 2010
Based on a true story,
The Fighter stars Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale in a Rocky-like sports drama based on a story from real life, as a fighter moves from amateur to world champion. The film hits US theaters December 10 in time for award season.
The footage reveals the story of lightweight boxer 'Irish' Micky Ward portrayed by Wahlberg ( Date Night, The Other Guys) and his half-brother and trainer, Dicky Eklund, played by Christian Bale ( The Dark Knight, Terminator Salvation), who undergoes a run with drugs and crime - and a physical transformation.
The trailer shows the struggle with loyalty, as he works to overcome the negative influence of his brother, and the new trainer who is necessary in order to go pro. Ward finds support in unexpected people.
Also starring Amy Adams ( Julie & Julia, Doubt) in a gritty role as a bartender and Ward's love interest, the film is directed by David O. Russell ( Three Kings).
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 3 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 4 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- 5 Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action