Film trailer: Damon in Eastwood's 'Hereafter'
Tuesday 14 September 2010
Clint Eastwood's new film,
Hereafter, which recently screened at the Toronto Film Festival, is a supernatural thriller that stars Matt Damon in a story of three people haunted by death.
Damon portrays a former psychic struggling with his connection to the afterlife. Marie Cécile de France ( Mesrine: Killer Instinct) plays a French journalist who has a near-death experience. Frankie McLaren plays a London schoolboy who cannot shake the loss of his twin. Bryce Dallas Howard ( The Twilight Saga: Eclipse) also co-stars.
The footage shows excerpts from the storylines of these three lives, plus images of a tidal wave and explosions. It shows how these lives are woven together and are changed by their beliefs about the hereafter.
Eastwood recently directed Invictus, also starring Damon, and Gran Torino. The screenplay of Hereafter is by Peter Morgan ( The Queen, Frost/Nixon). The film opens October 22 in US cinemas.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >