Film trailer: Damon in Eastwood's 'Hereafter'
Tuesday 14 September 2010
Clint Eastwood's new film,
Hereafter, which recently screened at the Toronto Film Festival, is a supernatural thriller that stars Matt Damon in a story of three people haunted by death.
Damon portrays a former psychic struggling with his connection to the afterlife. Marie Cécile de France ( Mesrine: Killer Instinct) plays a French journalist who has a near-death experience. Frankie McLaren plays a London schoolboy who cannot shake the loss of his twin. Bryce Dallas Howard ( The Twilight Saga: Eclipse) also co-stars.
The footage shows excerpts from the storylines of these three lives, plus images of a tidal wave and explosions. It shows how these lives are woven together and are changed by their beliefs about the hereafter.
Eastwood recently directed Invictus, also starring Damon, and Gran Torino. The screenplay of Hereafter is by Peter Morgan ( The Queen, Frost/Nixon). The film opens October 22 in US cinemas.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture