Film trailer: Francis Ford Coppola's 'Twixt'
Monday 08 August 2011
The first trailer for Francis Ford Coppola's
Twixt was released August 2 online, combining various clips that were shown at the film's presentation at Comic-Con in July.
The thriller opens with narration introducing the film's set-up, showing Val Kilmer (
Pollack) as a writer at a small town book signing who gets invited by the sheriff to collaborate on a book about local serial killings.
Written and directed by Coppola, who was inspired by his own dream, the film costars Elle Fanning ( Super 8) as a young ghost appearing in a dream to offer the writer a story.
The cast also includes Bruce Dern ( Big Love), Ben Chaplin ( Me and Orson Welles) as Edgar Allen Poe, and singer/actor Tom Waits.
Shot partially in 3D, the film is scored by electronic musician Dan Deacon.
Twixt is scheduled to premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture