Film trailer: 'Frankie and Alice' starring Halle Berry
Friday 03 December 2010
Released early this week, the first trailer for
Frankie and Alice starring Halle Berrry shows a performance by the actress reminiscent of her role in
Monster's Ball, which earned her an Oscar.
Based on the true story of Frankie Murdoch, the psychological drama focuses on a woman suffering with Disassociate Identity Disorder or multiple personalities. Set in the 1970s, the footage shows the character's various disconnected selves, including a dancer and a racist, intercut with therapy sessions with her doctor in a psychiatric facility.
The film costars Stellan Skarsgard ( Angels & Demons), Phylicia Rashad ( For Colored Girls) and Matt Frewer ( Watchmen) and is directed by Geoffrey Sax ( White Noise).
The film was scheduled for release on December 10, most likely for consideration in the upcoming Oscar race.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin