Film trailer: Kristen Stewart in 'Welcome to the Rileys'
Tuesday 13 July 2010
The independent drama
Welcome to the Rileys, features the star of The Twilight Saga films and
The Runaways, Kristen Stewart, who portrays a runaway and strip club dancer. The trailer, which came out Friday, displays the actress's talent outside the vampire franchise.
Also starring James Gandolfini ( The Sopranos) and Oscar nominee Melissa Leo ( Frozen River), the footage tells the story of a married couple struggling after the death of their daughter.
On a business trip to New Orleans, Gandolfini's character befriends the teenager, caring for her like his daughter in an effort to heal his loss and his fractured family.
The film played Sundance, Berlinale and LA film fests. It opens in September in Norway, France and the US in November, so far.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians