Film trailer: 'Machine Gun Preacher' starring Gerard Butler
Friday 19 August 2011
The first trailer for
Machine Gun Preacher, a biopic about a drug dealing biker-turned-missionary played by Gerard Butler (
Law Abiding Citizen,
300), was released August 18.
Based on the true story of a former criminal, Sam Childers is shown as he turns his life around and travels to the Sudan on a crusade to help refugees and rescue orphans.
Yet the transformation from bad guy to savior relies on his violent background as he does battle against the militia that kidnaps children to become soldiers - ignoring the warnings of fellow aid workers.
Directed by Marc Forster ( Quantum of Solace, Monster's Ball), this action drama also costars Michelle Monaghan ( Source Code) and Michael Shannon ( Revolutionary Road).
Scheduled to premiere next month at the Toronto International Film Festival, Machine Gun Preacher will be released on September 23 in North America and in the UK on November 18.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Michelle Nijhuis' daughter insists (s)he is, and she learnt a valuable lesson on gender in books
newsFormer soldier taped 33 of the animals to the floor and then stamped on them one by one
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 North Koreans are gasping for the truth: Let's give it to them
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- 5 Cycle death inquest: Boyfriend hugs driver of 32 tonne tipper truck that killed his girlfriend
- < Previous
- Next >