Film trailer: Pacino's doc 'Wilde Salome'
Thursday 01 September 2011
A teaser trailer for Al Pacino's documentary
Wilde Salome was released August 30, prior to the film's premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
As Pacino races around London, he appears overwhelmed by his obsession for playwright Oscar Wilde and his play Salome. He not only appears in the play but is also filming the stage production and shooting a documentary about making a film of the play.
Pacino reprises his role in the 2006 production of Salome, which chronicles the relationship between King Herod and his stepdaughter, Salome, performed by then-unknown Jessica Chastain ( The Tree of Life, The Help).
The trailer shows the film crew collecting footage for the documentary Pacino is directing about one of his favorite writers and the once-banned work, visiting the playwright's home.
The actor also directed the 1996 documentary Looking for Richard, which examined a production of Shakespeare's Richard III starring Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin and Winona Ryder.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 4 George Galloway attacked on Notting Hill street by man 'shouting about the holocaust'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Gregg Wallace joins line-up as final celebrities revealed
Great British Bake Off 2014: Ofcom receives 13 complaints about Baked Alaska episode
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Strictly Come Dancing 2014: Meet the contestants
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- < Previous
- Next >