Film trailer: Pacino's doc 'Wilde Salome'
Thursday 01 September 2011
A teaser trailer for Al Pacino's documentary
Wilde Salome was released August 30, prior to the film's premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
As Pacino races around London, he appears overwhelmed by his obsession for playwright Oscar Wilde and his play Salome. He not only appears in the play but is also filming the stage production and shooting a documentary about making a film of the play.
Pacino reprises his role in the 2006 production of Salome, which chronicles the relationship between King Herod and his stepdaughter, Salome, performed by then-unknown Jessica Chastain ( The Tree of Life, The Help).
The trailer shows the film crew collecting footage for the documentary Pacino is directing about one of his favorite writers and the once-banned work, visiting the playwright's home.
The actor also directed the 1996 documentary Looking for Richard, which examined a production of Shakespeare's Richard III starring Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin and Winona Ryder.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans