Film trailer: Pacino's doc 'Wilde Salome'
Thursday 01 September 2011
A teaser trailer for Al Pacino's documentary
Wilde Salome was released August 30, prior to the film's premiere at the Venice Film Festival.
As Pacino races around London, he appears overwhelmed by his obsession for playwright Oscar Wilde and his play Salome. He not only appears in the play but is also filming the stage production and shooting a documentary about making a film of the play.
Pacino reprises his role in the 2006 production of Salome, which chronicles the relationship between King Herod and his stepdaughter, Salome, performed by then-unknown Jessica Chastain ( The Tree of Life, The Help).
The trailer shows the film crew collecting footage for the documentary Pacino is directing about one of his favorite writers and the once-banned work, visiting the playwright's home.
The actor also directed the 1996 documentary Looking for Richard, which examined a production of Shakespeare's Richard III starring Kevin Spacey, Alec Baldwin and Winona Ryder.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >