Grace of Monaco trailer reveals first glimpse of Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly
Film promises to be a visual treat, if not a little melodramatic
The trailer for the delayed film Grace of Monaco has been released, featuring the first glimpse of Nicole Kidman as Grace Kelly.
Scroll down to see video
Set in 1962, six years after the celebrated marriage between the Hollywood star and the Prince of Monaco, the film unravels the events that threatened their marriage.
Kidman plays a poised Princess of Monaco, who soon becomes tired of her royal life and wishes to return to star in Hitchcock’s latest film.
But she has to fight against the wishes of her husband, Prince Rainier II of Monaco (Tim Roth), who would prefer her to stay in the city-state.
The film, which was due be released at the end of November last year, was re-scheduled for a January 2014 release, and has now been confirmed to open Cannes 2014.
With beautiful Sixties clothes, the set and costumes look like an indulgent feast.
But the level of melodrama in the trailer suggests it could be as poorly acclaimed as last year’s much-anticipated, much-delayed film The Great Gatsby.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure'
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world