Martin Sheen and Sally Fields catch 'Spider-Man'
Friday 05 November 2010
Set to portray Peter Parker's Uncle Ben is Martin Sheen (
The West Wing) in the reboot of the upcoming Spider-Man film. Sally Field (
Mrs. Doubtfire) is also in talks for the role of Aunt May, according to
The Hollywood Reporter.
Aunt May becomes the action hero's only living relative after the murder of Uncle Ben, which inspires Spider-Man on his crime-fighting quest. The new incarnation of Spider-Man is a prequel, starring Andrew Garfield (
The Social Network).
The untitled fourth Spider-Man film is directed by Marc Webb ( 500 Days of Summer) and co-stars Emma Stone ( Easy A) as his love interest and Rhys Ifans ( Notting Hill) as the villain, The Lizard.
Not many other details are known about the film, which is set for a July 2012 release.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- < Previous
- Next >