'Monsters, Inc.' set to return as 'Monsters University'
Tuesday 05 April 2011
A decade after the hit animated film
Monsters, Inc. was released, Disney-Pixar Studios has announced the long-awaited release of a sequel,
Monsters University, due in theaters June 21, 2013, and planned as a prequel.
The new film will revisit the blue beast Sulley, voiced by John Goodman (
The Big Lebowski), and the green eyeball on legs named Mike, voiced by Billy Crystal (
The first Monsters centered on Sulley and Mike, working in a factory that generated the city's power by scaring children. In this version, the two return as college students attending the University of Fear, and starting out as enemies who soon become friends.
Director Dan Scanlon will make his first animated feature debut. He previously directed the short film Mater and the Ghostlight worked in the art department on Cars.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 The true Gaza back-story that the Israelis aren’t telling this week
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’