Angelina Jolie gives birth to girl and boy
Sunday 13 July 2008
Angelina Jolie's doctor said today that the actress has given birth to a girl and a boy.
Dr Michel Sussmann said that Jolie, the babies and Jolie's partner, Brad Pitt, "are doing marvellously well."
Dr Sussmann confirmed a report in the local Nice Matin newspaper that Jolie gave birth to a boy, Knox Leon, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline, by Caesarian section on Saturday night.
He said the boy weighed 5lbs 3oz and the girl 5lbs.
Pitt was there during the operation, said the doctor, who delivered the twins at the seaside Lenval hospital in Nice in southern France.
"Everything is going well," said Dr Sussmann. "The mother, the babies, the father are doing marvellously well."
He said the Caesarian was moved forward from its originally planned date "for medical reasons" so that the babies could be born "in the best conditions." He did not give details.
He said Jolie is expected to stay in the hospital for a few more days.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before character like Homer or Lisa
Cilla, episode 3, ITV - review: Ed Stoppard steals the limelight as Beatles manager Brian Epstein
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Jungle Book: A tale as old as time
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >