Angelina Jolie gives birth to girl and boy
Sunday 13 July 2008
Angelina Jolie's doctor said today that the actress has given birth to a girl and a boy.
Dr Michel Sussmann said that Jolie, the babies and Jolie's partner, Brad Pitt, "are doing marvellously well."
Dr Sussmann confirmed a report in the local Nice Matin newspaper that Jolie gave birth to a boy, Knox Leon, and a girl, Vivienne Marcheline, by Caesarian section on Saturday night.
He said the boy weighed 5lbs 3oz and the girl 5lbs.
Pitt was there during the operation, said the doctor, who delivered the twins at the seaside Lenval hospital in Nice in southern France.
"Everything is going well," said Dr Sussmann. "The mother, the babies, the father are doing marvellously well."
He said the Caesarian was moved forward from its originally planned date "for medical reasons" so that the babies could be born "in the best conditions." He did not give details.
He said Jolie is expected to stay in the hospital for a few more days.
GlastonburyWI to make debut appearance at Somerset festival
TV reviewIt has taken seven episodes for Game of Thrones season five to hit its stride
FilmPalme d'Or goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people