Coen Brothers to write new Steven Spielberg thriller starring Tom Hanks
The film-making duo will pen the script for the Cold War spy thriller
Joel and Ethan Coen will pen a draft of the screenplay that tells the true story of James Donovan, a lawyer who was thrust into the centre of the Cold War when he negotiated with the KGB for the release of downed US spy plane pilot Gary Powers.
The Cold War thriller is expected to be Spielberg’s next project, following news he will direct the Big Friendly Giant at the beginning of 2015.
The unnamed film is among a number of projects Steven Spielberg is reported to be considering directing, including sci-fi thriller Robopocalypse and historical drama Montezuma.
Their latest film Inside Llewyn Davis, which they wrote and directed, was nominated for two Oscars earlier this year.
Joel and Ethan Coen have also written the screenplay to forthcoming film Unbroken, directed by Angelina Jolie.
filmIn Black Seahe is as audiences have never seen him before
MusicThe band accidentally called Londoners the C-word
Film 'I've never been comfortable on-screen', she says
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police