Colin Farrell and Paula Patton in talks for World of Warcraft film
The video game adaptation marks Moon and Source Code director Duncan Jones's first foray into big-budget filmmaking
Colin Farrell has reportedly been offered a lead role in the forthcoming World of Warcraft film.
Deadline claims that it's fifty-fifty as to whether the Irish actor will accept the role in Warcraft, the adaptation of the popular fantasy video game.
The film will be directed by Duncan Jones, David Bowie's filmmaking son, who is also said to be testing other actors for the major roles.
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol's Paula Patton, who is married to singer Robin Thicke, is also reported to be in negotiations for a lead role.
A shortlist of actors named for other roles in the film include Star Trek’s Anton Yelchin, Little Miss Sunshine’s Paul Dano and Anson Mount from Hell on Wheels.
Blood Diamond writer Charles Leavitt has written the script for the film, which is reported to have a budget of "north of $100 million" (£62m).
The film will be a big step up for director Jones, whose first feature Moon was made on a budget of $5 million in 2009.
At its peak in 2010, World Of Warcraft had over 12 million subscribers globally, making it the world's most popular massively multiplayer online role-playing game.
Paula Patton is in negotiations for a lead role in World of Warcraft
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Bob Dylan's 'going electric' guitar from Newport Folk Festival sells for nearly $1m
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >