Cory Monteith's final movies to feature at Toronto Film Festival
Wednesday 14 August 2013
The final two films starring the late Glee actor Cory Monteith will be screened at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival.
All the Wrong Reasons and McCarnick will be among the line-up for the September movie showcase.
The 31-year-old Canadian, best-known for his character Finn Hudson in the hit TV show Glee, died from a heroin and alcohol overdose on 13 July.
In McCarnick the actor plays Simon Weeks, a young convict battling a drug problem after leaving jail.
For this role Monteith's appearance is starkly altered, his clean-cut all-American image transformed into that of a rugged, long-haired and hoodie-wearing lout (watch the trailer, above).
The Toronto film festival runs from 5 to 15 September.
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'