Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon sequel announced over a decade since original
A sequel to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is be made over a decade since the original film.
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II is to star Donnie Yen as Silent Wolf with Michelle Yeoh reprising her role as Yu Shu Lien.
Yuen Wo Ping will take the place of Oscar-winning Ang Lee in the director’s chair.
The prequel is based on the same series of books as the original, Wang Du Lu’s Crane-Iron Pentalogy, and draws from book five Iron Knight, Silver Vase.
Wang Hong, son of the late Wang Du Lu, said he was pleased that the film keeps to the book’s original. “My father created timeless characters and stories of universal appeal. They remain no relevant today. Through great filmmaking, another generation will get to experience them.”
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon became a surprise international hit in 2000, grossing $215 million. It became the most successful foreign language film in US history and was nominated for seven Oscars, winning for best foreign language film.
The film is due to go into production in March 2014, shooting in Asia.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile