Disputed Monroe sex film fails to sell
Tuesday 09 August 2011
The auction of a six-minute film purportedly showing an underage Marilyn Monroe having sex before she became famous flopped yesterday.
Nobody was willing to pay the starting price of 2 million Argentine pesos, about £295,000. Monroe's estate says the woman in the film is not her.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >