A YouTuber with the patience of a Jedi has alphabetised all the dialogue from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. For what reason? We don't know. To demonstrate what? Apparently nothing, but it's oddly mesmerising nonetheless.
The video clocks in at 43 minutes, dispensing with the order of the narrative and dicing the script into gibberish.
User suckerpinch even helpfully made notes on how many times each word appears, such as 'force' which is uttered 22 times (mostly by Darth Vader).
They listed a bunch of other fun facts under the video, which are as follows:
- The word "lightsaber" only appears once in this film.
- There are 43m 5s of spoken English, 81m 39s of other.
- The most common word is "the", of course, said 368 times.
- The word with most screen time is "you", at 52.56 seconds.
- There are 1,695 different words, and 11,684 total words.
- The longest words are "responsibility", "malfunctioning", "worshipfulness", and "identification", all 14 letters.
Now if only someone would leak the Star Wars Episode 7 script in alphabetical order, I have every faith fans would be able to decode it before the first teaser trailer is even released.Reuse content