From Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter to Dracula? Dominic Cooper set to sink teeth into new role
Thursday 09 May 2013
British actor Dominic Cooper is in negotiations to star in a new film about legendary vampire Count Dracula.
The actor, who risks becoming typecast as a bloodsucker having appeared as the American president’s vampire helper in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last year, is reportedly set to co-star in Universal’s Dracula.
The film, starring Luke Evans and Sarah Gadon, is being directed Gary Shore with Michael De Luca producing.
According to Variety Cooper looks set to be offered the film’s title role.
Cooper was most recently seen in Dead Man Down alongside Colin Farrell.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains
John Barrowman praised for Commonwealth Games opening ceremony gay kiss