Idris Elba as Nelson Mandela: Trailer released for Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
Idris Elba plays South Africa's anti-apartheid icon in the film
Today cinemagoers got their first look at a full trailer for the upcoming Nelson Mandela biopic.
Luther star Idris Elba plays South Africa's anti-apartheid icon in the film, set for release in November, leaving both the film and Elba in Oscar contention.
Earlier this month a much less revealing teaser trailer was released, showing little of how the British actor will look in character. But this latest release gives away a lot more of what the film will focus on - the future Nobel peace laureate's younger days as a fighter against white political supremacy.
Speaking about the role earlier this year, Elba said: "I learnt a lot about the man and his life, and I learnt a lot about sacrifice."
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Game of Thrones actress begs for 'other princess work' after Myrcella Baratheon part is recast
New Netflix releases: Films and TV shows coming August 2014
Star Wars Episode 7: Simon Pegg hints at role
Palestinian artists transform smoke-filled Gaza into symbol of resistance
Guardians of the Galaxy - review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >