'Immoral' Brüno banned in the Ukraine
Thursday 16 July 2009
Ukraine's Culture Ministry says it has banned Sacha Baron Cohen's new hit movie Brüno because it is immoral.
The movie is centred around the adventures of a flamboyant gay fashion journalist from Austria.
The ministry said that Cohen's depictions of sexual organs, homosexual intercourse and language are obscene and improper.
Some Austrian officials have spoken out against the film, but have not taken any action against it.
Baron Cohen's previous movie Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan ridiculed the former Soviet republic of Kazakhstan and the United States.
Kazakhstan and Russia banned Borat.
By opportunistic local hoping to exhibit the work
Fans will be hoping the role finally wins him an Oscar
What do gigantic horse heads tell us about Falkirk?
Finnish Postal Service praises the 'self irony and humour' of the drawings
The actor has confessed to his own insecurities
Allotments are the focus of a new reality show
Arts & Ents blogs
The food poverty scandal that shames Britain: Nearly 1m people rely on handouts to eat – and benefit reforms may be to blame
US Navy christens huge $3 billion destroyer ship USS Zumwalt that appears as a fishing boat on enemy radar
Nigel Farage fatigue? Half of voters ‘immune’ to Ukip’s appeal
Scottish independence: It is the English who should be on their knees, begging the Scots to vote ‘No’
Nigel Farage on Have I Got News For You: Ukip leader ridiculed over expenses and party 'fruitcakes'
Nigel Farage: I’m taking on the status quo, and the Establishment’s fighting back
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is