In pictures - From gurning to stumbling: embarrassing moments from the Oscars 2013
Monday 25 February 2013
The make-up was flawless. The suits were couture and the boots were shined.
The 'dos were coiffed, the ear hair trimmed, the sleeves ironed and the speeches polished...
But nothing could save Hollywood's A-list from the continual onslaught of the photographers.
From gurning to to overzealous hugging, stumbling and bleary-eyed dancing, these Oscars snapshots are unlikely to make celebrities' publicists happy.
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria