Johnny Depp to go from madcap scientist in Transcendence to Whitey Bulger in Black Mass
Johnny Depp will star in the directorial debut of Chris Nolan's visionary (and Oscar-winning) cinematographer, Transcendence.
Although producers have said they won't reveal the film's plot it is believed to be about a scientist whose brain is uploaded into a Frankenstein-style supercomputer after he is assassinated by anti-technology terrorists.
Filming is due to start in April and Transcendence is slated for release in 2014.
Depp will next be seen starring in Disney's adaptation of The Lone Ranger directed by Gore Verbinksi which hits cinemas in July.
This summer he will also film crime thriller Black Mass about notorious Boston mob boss Whitey Bulger, written by Jez Butterworth and directed by Barry Levinson, later this year.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'