Jude Law goes on the run from filming Jane Got a Gun as director bails
Friday 22 March 2013
Actor Jude Law is reported to have pulled out of a new movie production just as filming was due to begin, shortly after the British director failed to show up for work.
He was due to star in Jane Got a Gun, alongside Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman who is also co-producing the US-based film.
But according to movie website Deadline he has now withdrawn from the western which was supposed to start filming in Santa Fe, New Mexico, this week.
Scottish director Lynne Ramsay was supposed to be working on the production but failed to show up earlier this week which has already led to an angry outburst from one of the producers, Scott Steindorff.
He told the website that he was "shocked and disappointed" that she had failed to turn up, affecting 150 cast and crew members.
She has now been replaced by Gavin O'Connor, whose credits include Warrior, according to Deadline.
But now Law - who had apparently signed up to work with Ramsay - appears to be the latest departure.
Michael Fassbender had earlier been linked to the project but he too withdrew.
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >