Jude Law goes on the run from filming Jane Got a Gun as director bails
Friday 22 March 2013
Actor Jude Law is reported to have pulled out of a new movie production just as filming was due to begin, shortly after the British director failed to show up for work.
He was due to star in Jane Got a Gun, alongside Oscar-winning actress Natalie Portman who is also co-producing the US-based film.
But according to movie website Deadline he has now withdrawn from the western which was supposed to start filming in Santa Fe, New Mexico, this week.
Scottish director Lynne Ramsay was supposed to be working on the production but failed to show up earlier this week which has already led to an angry outburst from one of the producers, Scott Steindorff.
He told the website that he was "shocked and disappointed" that she had failed to turn up, affecting 150 cast and crew members.
She has now been replaced by Gavin O'Connor, whose credits include Warrior, according to Deadline.
But now Law - who had apparently signed up to work with Ramsay - appears to be the latest departure.
Michael Fassbender had earlier been linked to the project but he too withdrew.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 2 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 3 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 4 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
- 5 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams to make special guest appearance in Doctor Who
Cassetteboy joins forces with Russell Brand for Emperor's New Clothes film
Poldark, review: Demelza’s insouciance is almost as impressive as Ross’ pecs
Jay Z launches streaming service Tidal with help from Kanye West, Rihanna and Coldplay
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew