Judge suggests Lohan delays movie
Tuesday 25 May 2010
A judge has refused a request by Lindsay Lohan's attorney to ease restrictions involving drug and alcohol testing on the actress so she can film a movie in Texas.
The actress, wearing a grey suit, appeared sombre and concerned when she conferred with her attorney about attaching an alcohol-monitoring bracelet to her ankle and requiring drug testing every week in the Los Angeles area.
Lohan's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, told the judge Lohan was planning to travel to Texas to film a movie, but the judge suggested the actress may have to delay the project.
Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel offered to spend time reading Lohan and Mr Holley a list of reasons for ordering the bracelet, drug tests and an alcohol-education programme, but Holley declined and accepted the judge's decision.
Arts & Ents blogs
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Miley Cyrus, Robin Thicke and Lady Gaga attacked by Noel Gallagher in 2013 music rant
Bob Dylan's 'going electric' guitar from Newport Folk Festival sells for nearly $1m
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >