Laurence Fishburne joins Superman: Man of Steel
Wednesday 03 August 2011
Laurence Fishburne will play Perry White in 'Superman: Man of Steel'.
The 'CSI' actor has joined an all-star line-up including Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Kevin Costner in the movie, and will play the boss of Superman's alter-ego Clarke Kent .
He is the first African American star to take on the role, which follows in the footsteps of Jackie Cooper -who played the part in the Christopher Reeve-led movies - and Frank Langella, who portrayed Perry in Bryan Singer's poorly-received 'Superman Returns' in 2006.
Zack Snyder is directing the project, which is due to begin shooting in the autumn. Christopher Nolan will produce 'Superman: Man of Steel', and the film has a tentative release date of June 14, 2013.
Laurence, 50, had played parts in a number of big movies in recent years - in 1999 he played the role of Morpheus in 'The Matrix', and he will soon be seen in highly-anticipated thriller 'Contagion' alongside Kate Winslet, Gwyneth Paltrow and Marion Cotillard.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
sportNapoli 2 Arsenal 0: Gunners must now face either Real Madrid, PSG, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid or Barcelona in knock-out stages
musicAs Mariah Carey and Noddy Holder rake in the royalties from their classics, why there hasn't been a decent festive hit for 20 years?
theatreAuthor Daniel Rosenthal recalls the mishaps that almost brought the curtain down on the likes of John Gielgud and Diana Rigg
lifeFull of the joys and want to help your fellow man? December isn't the time to do it
lifeAs the Royal Mail plans to phase out deliveries on two wheels, it's no wonder posties are in a spin
techLuke Blackall reports on precision engineered prams and babygros that monitor your child 24-7
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >