Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty and Les Miserables up for Producers Guild gongs
Thursday 03 January 2013
Steven Spielberg's presidential drama Lincoln, musical Les Miserables and Osama bin Laden thriller Zero Dark Thirty were among the movies earning Producers Guild Award nominations last night.
The producers behind slavery film Django Unchained, Iran hostage drama Argo and the latest James Bond film Skyfall were also on the list of 10 movies nominated for the awards handed out by the Producers Guild of America.
Shipwreck tale Life of Pi, comedy Silver Linings Playbook, Wes Anderson's indie film Moonrise Kingdom, and mythical film Beasts of the Southern Wild also earned nominations for their producers, the PGA said in a statement.
The Producers Guild Awards, a key indication of Hollywood sentiment ahead of the Oscars in February, will be handed out at a ceremony in Los Angeles on 26 January.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin