Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty and Les Miserables up for Producers Guild gongs
Thursday 03 January 2013
Steven Spielberg's presidential drama Lincoln, musical Les Miserables and Osama bin Laden thriller Zero Dark Thirty were among the movies earning Producers Guild Award nominations last night.
The producers behind slavery film Django Unchained, Iran hostage drama Argo and the latest James Bond film Skyfall were also on the list of 10 movies nominated for the awards handed out by the Producers Guild of America.
Shipwreck tale Life of Pi, comedy Silver Linings Playbook, Wes Anderson's indie film Moonrise Kingdom, and mythical film Beasts of the Southern Wild also earned nominations for their producers, the PGA said in a statement.
The Producers Guild Awards, a key indication of Hollywood sentiment ahead of the Oscars in February, will be handed out at a ceremony in Los Angeles on 26 January.
Arts & Ents blogs
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.