Man of Steel: General Zod threatens earth to return Superman in new trailer
A new trailer for the Superman reboot Man of Steel has been released today.
The trailer, called “Fate of Your Planet”, focuses on the villainous General Zod as he tries to wage war against planet earth to get Superman back to his universe.
The film charts the story of Clark Kent, a boy who learns he has extraordinary powers. As a young man he tries to discover where his powers came from, but in doing so he realises he must save the world from destruction and become the “symbol of hope for all mankind”.
Man of Steel stars Henry Cavill (The Tudors, Immortal) in the title role, alongside Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner and Amy Adams.
The film will be released in the UK on 14 June.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations