Marvel has a big fan in Star Wars 7's John Boyega: 'I'm dam right aiming for a role'
The British actor made a series of jokes on Twitter in response to speculation
“There is no need to emphasis the ‘black’ man,” he wrote, before quipping that he has “issues with the lack of roles for raccoons and talking trees” so is grateful for Guardians of the Galaxy.
Boyega’s interaction with Marvel’s news sparked rumours that he was after a part himself, to which he responded, “I’m dam right aiming for it.”
The 22-year-old then joked that he was “currently booking a flight to Wakanda”, Marvel’s fictional African country where the Black Panther lives.
So captain America will be a black man! Erm okay... Can we have character information, origin story and Steve Rogers comparison.— John Boyega (@JBoyega) July 22, 2014
Marvel role? ....hehehe ... I'm dam right aiming for it— John Boyega (@JBoyega) July 22, 2014
Currently booking flight to wakanda— John Boyega (@JBoyega) July 22, 2014
Speculation is rife over Marvel’s forthcoming revelations at Comic-Con in San Diego this weekend. The studio hosts a panel on Saturday evening and fans are expecting exciting things.
Disney confirmed the release dates for a series of Marvel movies through to 2019 earlier this week.
Two movies will hit cinemas in 2017 with another two due out in 2018 and one coming in 2019.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming