Nicole Kidman, Ang Lee and Christoph Waltz join glitzy Cannes Film Festival 2013 jury
Wednesday 24 April 2013
The Cannes Film Festival announced its most Hollywood-heavy jury lineup in years, with a list that includes Oscar winners Nicole Kidman, Christoph Waltz and Ang Lee.
Hollywood veteran Steven Spielberg will lead 2013's jury that will also include Romanian director Cristian Mungiu, who won the festival's prize for best screenplay in 2012 for "Beyond The Hills"; French actor Daniel Auteuil; Indian actress Vidya Balan; Scottish director Lynne Ramsay; and Japanese director Naomi Kawase.
They'll decide which of the 19 films in competition will win the coveted Palme d'Or award, the French Riviera festival's top accolade. The prize will be awarded on 26 May.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Before They Pass Away: In pictures
Kylie Minogue, Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican lead female comedy breakthrough
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >