Oscars 2013: Adele and Paul Epworth's acceptance speeches for best original song
Monday 25 February 2013
Adele: Thank you so much. Thank you. This is amazing. I'd just like to thank Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson at Eon Productions. Sony Pictures, MGM, Paul Epworth, who, oh God, for believing in me all the time, and my man, I love you, baby.
Paul: Thanks very much. I can't really believe I'm up here to receive this. Got to thank the Academy, of course. Allison Hooker at EMI, Sam Mendes. Barbara Broccoli, Michael Wilson, [Unintelligible] Who else? Jonathan Rose. I thank my wife, Danielle, my daughter, Vivienne… I'd like to thank Joe and Matt, who worked on this with us. They spent hours and hours, late nights in the studio with us to make this piece of music. And most of all I'd like to thank Adele for being the best person I've ever worked with. She's absolutely amazing.
Adele: You're all amazing.
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'