Watch Karen O and Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig perform track from Her
Yeah Yeah Yeah's frontwoman will perform "The Moon Song" with Koenig
Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Karen O and Vampire Weekend's Ezra Koenig performed "The Moon Song" at tonight's Oscars, a surprise performance tipped after they were spotted at rehearsals.
Scroll down for the video
Koenig was seen with an acoustic guitar alongside Karen O earlier in the day, playing the track which has been nominated in the Best Original Song category.
It featured in Jonze's film about a man falling in love with his smartphone assistant, and was written by the director along with Karen O.
A new version of "The Moon Song" featuring the Vampire Weekend singer was released last month.
Pharrell Williams, John Legend, U2 and Idina Menzel also performed at the Dolby Theater tonight, the Irish band giving a rendition of "Ordinary Love" from Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom and Menzel singing "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen.
Gravity and 12 Years A Slave are expected be the biggest winners film-wise this year, while Matthew McConaughey and Cate Blanchett are tipped for acting Oscars.
Ellen DeGeneres returns to host the event, having previously done so at 2007’s awards.
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 A third of employers never check job applicants' qualifications, survey finds
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Bin bag full of cats' heads discovered near Manchester's Curry Mile
Disgusting, frustrating, but intriguing: how the country really feels about its politicians