Oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence's Silver Linings Playbook clothes up for sale
Daisy Wyatt has newly joined the Independent online team as an arts and entertainment writer. She studied English Literature at university and recently graduated from an MA in journalism. She is interested in popular culture and politics, and her radio is only ever tuned into THE HITS or Radio 4.
Wednesday 27 February 2013
Outfits worn by Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook, the role for which she was awarded an Oscar on Sunday, are being auctioned online.
The lots include the custom-made skin-tight white trousers made especially for Lawrence from the film’s climatic ballroom dance scene, her full-length black double breasted wool coat and a blue sports bra.
Memorabilia dealer Nate D. Sanders put the items on auction two days after the Oscar’s ceremony. The items are expected to sell for between $500 and $1,500 following Lawrence’s best actress Oscar win for her performance in the film.
The black coat from the film currently has the highest bid at $1,491, followed by the tailor-made “stretchy vanilla pants” at $763.
Nine items worn by Lawrence’s co-star Bradley Cooper are also on auction. The clothes include a grey hoodie and plain t-shirts. Currently all bids for Bradley Cooper’s clothing sit at $100. The auction closes on Thursday 28 February.
The 22-year-old won best actress at the Oscars and Golden Globes for her portrayal of young widow Tiffany Maxwell in Silver Linings Playbook.
Her ex-boyfriend, British actor Nicholas Hoult, recently said he was very proud of her Oscar win. “It’s a great film and she’s fantastic in it, so I’m very happy for her,” he said. The two met on the set of X-Men: First class in 2011.
Arts & Ents blogs
Thirteen-year-old Conor awakes in bed one night to discover that the yew tree outside his house has ...
It’s hard not to feel sorry for doe-eyed Andy. He spends months pining after Louise, has huge nostr...
Fragility of life looms large over an episode that closes with the scarring on Julie's stomach. Whil...
- 1 Freedom fighters? Cannibals? The truth about Syria’s rebels
- 2 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 3 Special Report: US troops are stationed in Japan to protect the nation. But to sex workers in Okinawa, they bring fear, not security
- 4 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
- 5 Iran to send 4,000 troops to aid President Assad forces in Syria