Oscar-winner Jennifer Lawrence's Silver Linings Playbook clothes up for sale
Outfits worn by Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook, the role for which she was awarded an Oscar on Sunday, are being auctioned online.
The lots include the custom-made skin-tight white trousers made especially for Lawrence from the film’s climatic ballroom dance scene, her full-length black double breasted wool coat and a blue sports bra.
Memorabilia dealer Nate D. Sanders put the items on auction two days after the Oscar’s ceremony. The items are expected to sell for between $500 and $1,500 following Lawrence’s best actress Oscar win for her performance in the film.
The black coat from the film currently has the highest bid at $1,491, followed by the tailor-made “stretchy vanilla pants” at $763.
Nine items worn by Lawrence’s co-star Bradley Cooper are also on auction. The clothes include a grey hoodie and plain t-shirts. Currently all bids for Bradley Cooper’s clothing sit at $100. The auction closes on Thursday 28 February.
The 22-year-old won best actress at the Oscars and Golden Globes for her portrayal of young widow Tiffany Maxwell in Silver Linings Playbook.
Her ex-boyfriend, British actor Nicholas Hoult, recently said he was very proud of her Oscar win. “It’s a great film and she’s fantastic in it, so I’m very happy for her,” he said. The two met on the set of X-Men: First class in 2011.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories