Pierce Brosnan mourns his 'darling daughter' Charlotte, 42, who died after three-year battle with ovarian cancer
Pierce Brosnan’s daughter Charlotte has died of ovarian cancer aged 42 after a three-year battle with the disease.
The actor paid tribute to his "darling daughter" in a statement which read: “On June 28 at 2pm my darling daughter Charlotte Emily passed on to eternal life, having succumbed to ovarian cancer.
“Charlotte fought her cancer with grace and humanity, courage and dignity. Our hearts are heavy with the loss of our beautiful dear girl.
“We pray for her and that the cure for this wretched disease will be close at hand soon.”
Charlotte’s mother Cassandra Harris, Brosnan’s first wife, died from the disease aged 43 in 1991.
The actor adopted step-daughter Charlotte and her brother Christopher in the 1980s after the death of their father and both children took Brosnan’s name. Brosnan and Cassandra had another son together, Sean, in 1983.
The James Bond actor married second wife journalist Keely Shaye in 2001 and the couple have two children together.
Charlotte is survived by her daughter Isabella, 15, her son Lucas, eight, and long-term partner Alex Smith.
GlastonburyWI to make debut appearance at Somerset festival
TV reviewIt has taken seven episodes for Game of Thrones season five to hit its stride
FilmPalme d'Or goes to radical and astonishing film that turns conventional thinking about immigrants on its head
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
SNP fury as HS2 finds 'no business case' for taking fast train service to Scotland
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people