Pixar announces Amy Poehler as star in Inside Out, from director of Up and Monsters, Inc.
The animation is set for release in summer 2015
Wednesday 14 August 2013
Pixar has released artwork and casting details for their next feature Inside Out, from the director of Up.
The animation, which is set for release in June 2015, takes place in the mind of 11-year-old girl Riley.
Characters in the film will symbolise various emotions inside Riley's head after her family moves to San Francisco. Producers claim the film will explore the formation of memories and the way in which experiences can be altered by emotions.
Inside Out director Pete Docter - who also directed Monsters, Inc. - announced at Disney’s D23 Expo in California that actors including Amy Poehler, Phyllis Smith and Mindy Kaling would feature in major roles in the upcoming film.
Poehler, best known for her work on the comedy series Parks and Recreation, will voice Joy, while Smith and Kaling will appear respectively as Sadness and Disgust.
It was also revealed at the event that Finding Dory, the long-awaited sequel to Finding Nemo, will be released in November 2015.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >