Reese Witherspoon gets Wish List
Tuesday 02 August 2011
Reese Witherspoon has signed up to star in 'Wish List'.
The Oscar-winning actress - who has made a name for herself in romantic comedies including 'Legally Blonde', 'Sweet Home Alabama' and 'How Do You Know' - will play a woman who, as a child, made 10 wishes in a well after throwing a coin in that becomes stuck.
Although her dreams do not come true when she is younger, the coin she threw in dislodges itself years later, causing all the childhood wishes to come true at once. 'Mrs. Doubtfire' writer Randi Mayem Singer has written the script for the Disney comedy project, which will be produced by Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray, Deadline.com reports.
The movie was initially intended to have a male lead star, but is now being re-written to accommodate Reese. The 35-year-old actress - who recently married Hollywood agent Jim Toth - was last seen in romantic drama 'Water for Elephants' with Robert Pattinson, and will next hit cinemas in 'This Means War' alongside Chris Pine and Tom Hardy.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand beach murders: Thai PM suggests 'attractive' female tourists cannot expect to be safe wearing bikinis
- 2 Scottish independence: Learn from Quebec's mistakes and beware of promises. Vote Yes.
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Revealed after 75 years of secrecy: 'Fifi' the glamorous WW2 special agent who tested British spies' resolve
- 5 Have you heard about the film Singapore has banned its people from watching? Well, you have now
Laurie Lee's Rosie: What is it like to inspire a writer's work and be immortalised forever on the page?
Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
Doctor Who series 8: Time Heist pictures revealed ahead of episode 5
The Walking Dead season 5 air date, trailer and season 4 recap
Star Wars 7 leaked set photo of Adam Driver changes everything
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'