She's The Man actress Amanda Bynes arrested after throwing marijuana bong out of window
Friday 24 May 2013
American actress Amanda Bynes, star of 2006 film She's The Man, has been arrested in New York City after she threw a marijuana bong out of a window.
Police say an apartment building official called police to complain that Bynes was smoking marijuana and rolling a joint in the lobby.
The officers went to Bynes' apartment, where they saw heavy smoke and a bong, which Bynes then threw out the window in front of the officers.
Bynes was arrested on charges of reckless endangerment, tampering with evidence and criminal possession of marijuana. It wasn't clear if she had a lawyer.
Bynes rose to fame starring in Nickelodeon's All That and has starred in several films, including 2010's Easy A.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Friends 20th anniversary: Six things we wouldn't have without influential comedy series
Doctor Who, Time Heist, review: Keeley Hawes is marvellous but the Doctor is the real villain
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell