Stars arrive at Harry Potter premiere
Thursday 07 July 2011
The sun came out for the final instalment of the Harry Potter series as the film's stars arrived for its world premiere.
First on the red carpet, which stretched from Trafalgar Square to Leicester Square in central London, was Rupert Grint.
Grint, who plays Ron Weasley in the films, said it was "emotional" to be arriving to see the final film.
He said: "Every film has been just so special."
Asked to pick his favourite moment from his time in the hugely successful films, he said: "I think it's probably this."
Thousands of fans have arrived in London from all over the world for the first screening of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part Two.
Many of them are dressed as characters from the films with others waving placards reading "Potter 'til I die" and "Harry Potter is over. See you in therapy".
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >